Membership to the British Ecological Society
If you become a member of the British Ecological Society you can get online access to the BES’ cohort of journals for £15 per year. You can also subscribe to Journal of Ecology in print for £30 per year.
Journal of Ecology was the first publication to be launched by the British Ecological Society in 1913. The Society was also established in 1913 and has 4,000+ members worldwide, and membership is open to all with an interest in ecology. There is a membership fee of £50, with discounts for students and those from low income countries. – See more at: http://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/about-us/#sthash.tRwWKwvW.dpuf
Membership to the British Ecological Society includes:
- Reduced priced registration for all BES run and sponsored meetings (BES Student members are entitled to further discounts)
- Member only ring-fenced grants
- 25% discount on open access fees when publishing as first or corresponding author in BES journals (worth $750)
- Opportunity of free meeting room hire in our Charles Darwin House Conference Centre (conditions apply)
- Discount on room booking in our Charles Darwin House Conference Centre
- The Bulletin – the newsletter which keeps you up to date with the ecological community
- Networking opportunities to meet and interact with other ecological professionals
- World class journals
- Member only discounts from leading scientific publishers
- Monthly eBulletin giving members priority notice of BES initiatives and opening dates
- Supporting the BES’s vision and activities
For further information about joining the Society visit the British Ecological Society’s website http://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/.